Effective Date: January 28, 2017
Information We Collect
How we Use Your Information
How we Disclose your Information
Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms
Do Not Track Disclosure
Your Rights and Choices
Information We Collect
We collect information about you directly from you, from third parties, and automatically through your use of Services. We may combine information collected from or about you from these various sources.
- Information We Collect Directly From You. The information we collect from you varies depending on your use of our Services. For example, if you create an account with us, we will collect your email address and other information entered in our online form. We will also collect any other information that you provide to us through our Services, such as your responses to any surveys conducts on our Services or, if you enable two-factor authentication during account registration, we will collect your phone number.
- Information We Collect About You from Third Parties. We may also collect information about you from third parties. For example this information may be provided by re-sellers, service providers, integrators, and developers.
- Information We Collect Automatically. We automatically collect information about you through your use of our Services, including without limitation:
- Log Information. We may collect logging information, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, the type of browser you are using, information about the device you are using, domain name, the website that led you to our Services, the website to which you go after leaving our Services, and the dates and times you access our Services. We may combine this with other information that we collect about you. Please see our Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms section below for more information.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your device, including device type, operating system, unique device identifier, preferred language, and mobile network information.
How We Use Your Information
We may use your information, including personal information, for the following purposes:
- Providing and Improving Our Services. To provide and maintain our Services; to improve our Services; to develop new features, products, or services; to authenticate users; to perform technical operations, such as updating software; to validate our users and ensure their qualifications to use our Services; and for other customer service and support purposes.
- Marketing and Communications. To communicate with you about your account and use of our Services, including to send you product updates; to respond to your inquiries; to provide you with news and newsletters, special offers, promotions, and other information we think may interest you; and for other informational, marketing, or promotional purposes. Our communications with you may include communications via email. Please see our section regarding Your Choices for more information about how to change your communications preferences.
- Research and Analytics. To analyze how you interact with our Services; to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends; and for other research, analytical, and statistical purposes.
- Legal Compliance. To comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including as part of a judicial proceeding; to respond to a subpoena, warrant, court order, or other legal process; or as part of an investigation or request, whether formal or informal, from law enforcement or a governmental authority.
How We Disclose Your Information
We may disclose your information, including personal information, as described to you at the time of collection or disclosure or as follows:
- Service Providers. We may disclose your information to our vendors, service providers, agents, or others who perform functions on our behalf. For example, we may disclose your information to third-party service providers to process payments on our behalf.
- Other Unaffiliated Third Parties. We may disclose your information to third parties, including so that those third parties may send marketing information to you.
- Business Transfers. We may disclose your information to another entity in connection with, including during negotiations of, an acquisition or merger, sale or transfer of a business unit or assets, bankruptcy proceeding, or as part of any other similar business transfer.
- Legal Compliance. We may disclose your information to comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including as part of a judicial proceeding; in response to a subpoena, warrant, court order, or other legal process; or as part of an investigation or request, whether formal or informal, from law enforcement or a government official.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may disclose aggregate, anonymous, or de-identified information about users for marketing, advertising, research, compliance, or other purposes.
Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms
- Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Services. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into our Services. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Services. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity, and may use them to display advertising both on our Services and on third-party sites. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Users of our Services who disable cookies may not be able to avail themselves of all functionality (e.g., may not be able to stay logged into their account).
- Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (also referred to as web beacons, web bugs, or pixel tags), in connection with our Services to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about usage of our Services. We and our service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our customers, to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
Do Not Track Disclosure
Our Services not respond to Do Not Track signals. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed above (e.g., by disabling cookies). For more information about Do Not Track signals, please click here.
We have taken steps to help protect the personal information we collect. However, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your device and account by, among other things, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
You may access, modify, or delete the personal information that you have provided to us by logging into your account settings or emailing us at email@example.com with what you would like updated. Please note that we may retain certain information about you as required by law or as permitted by law for legitimate business purposes. For example, if you request that we delete your information but we believe that you have violated our Platform License Agreement or Website Use Policy, we may retain information about you in order to attempt to resolve the issue before deleting it.
We may send periodic promotional emails to you. You may opt out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. Please note that it may take up to ten (10) business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you emails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us.
Our Services are not targeted to children under thirteen (13) years of age and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will promptly delete such personal information from our systems.